HEALTH IS WEALTH
Unavoidably, a lot of people have experienced a broken heart relationship which has affected their lives tragically. Many have resolved them positively and concluded: “Why worry? This is just a part of the stress of life.” But there are those who are so affected by it. Some are extremely frustrated and promise never to be engaged in a close relationship anymore and thus become single for life. But the worst scenario once utterly frustrated, it may lead to severe depression and if not treated, will end to suicide. What a tragedy!
Psychiatrists and clinical psychologists will reasonably advice for the best or logical approach to finally resolve a broken relationship through psychotherapy (Counseling). However, there are still practical and logical ways to manage a broken hearted relationship and these are the following:
- Studies have shown that serving dark chocolates has a good effect for people who suffer from depression. Chocolate can boost serotonin levels, thus produce relaxation. Another finding is drinking a glass of red wine (merlot).
- Exercise can boost one’s endorphins, the feel-good hormones. Dancing, swimming, jogging, brisk-walking can release your dormant endorphins in your body.
- Laughter is a very good antidote for depression. It has the same relaxing effect. So, watch funny movies; read comics, magazines, etc.
- Keep the company of loving friends.
- Enjoy praise songs; avoid those melancholic or sentimental ones. Some say, “Sing a happy tune to drive the blues away.” Sing the song from the musical “Annie”:
“WHEN I’M STUCK WITH A DAY THAT’S GRAY AND LONELY, I JUST STICK OUT MY CHIN AND GRIN AND SAY, TOMORROW, TOMORROW, I LOVE YOU TOMORROW. YOU’RE ALWAYS A DAY AWAY.”
- Pray for love and light from the Holy Spirit!